Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Savory Cornmeal Pancakes



Reminder: Please remember to send in your Kid friendly dishes to Kid's Delight - What Kids love...for Summer! ENDS July 15th! 






Well BM # 16 is coming to the end today! I am glad I was a part of it and am really glad that I could do both weeks. I hope all you had as much fun I had cooking up and dishing it out to you guys! 
I will be ever grateful to Srivalli for having so much patience and taking care of all simple problems that come along the way and just making such a  huge BM family! I am even very glad to have made new friends and to have come across new and wonderful blogs each time I do the marathon!
So guys if you are looking for something really fun to do, check out Srivalli announcement for the next edition and join in the fun!


Like I mentioned I might be a little scarce from the blogging area as my In-Laws are coming over and also summer vacation will be starting soon here, so it will be fun time with the kids. But I surely will be looking forward to posting some in between...cos I will be lost if I don't do it! :)


Anyways coming back to today's post, here is an easy savory pancake recipe which you can mix up in few minutes and have a hot hot pancakes or more like utthapams in a few minutes. All you need to have in your pantry is cornmeal. Did you even know the you can make wonderful savory pancakes with cornmeal! Here is the recipe!


Ingredients:

1 cup Corn meal
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 onion, chopped tiny
2 green chilies, chopped tiny
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
1/4 tsp jeera, cumin seeds
enough water to make into batter
oil to fry on tava like a pancakes

Method:

Mix all the ingredients and whisk together so that no lumps are formed into a dosa / pancake batter consistency.

Heat the tava or a pan. Put laddle full into the pan, do not spread it.
Add a few drops of oil. Flip over when its brown on one side. Let it brown on other side too.
Remove and serve.
Serve hot with any pickle or chutney.
Enjoy!!!

Hop over to the other marathoner's kitchens to see whats cooking!



21 comments:

  1. That's a nice recipe for an instant dosa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pancakes looks extremely tasty....never tried savory version of these....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pancakes look tempting and healthy..Pass me the platye Smitha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pan cakes looks super delicious and tempting..loved this version..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too make cornmeal dosas. Your pancakes look very colorful.
    BTW, how is your son doing now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delicious! Thanks for sharing, I will certainly try this one out. But will have to add maple syrup on top (can not eat pancakes without it!). (note: I only use Organic Maple Syrup cause it is tastier than 'normal' syrup...if you look for real good one, try rouge maple online. That's where I get mine). Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds very easy n instant preparation...savory pancakes looks very inviting n colorful...would love to give it a try!

    Spicy Treats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish to have this yummy pancakes for my breakfast..

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love these..better than American sweet pancakes for breakfast - these are healthier

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!super tempting...mouthwatering recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your pancake looks really tempting. I am salivating here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks wonderful Smitha..glad you joined us for BM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like pan cakes for the reason that they have the taste of bread and efforts of making basic roti or dosa...wud luv to try this version

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Smitha I am your new follower. The pancakes look simply delicious. Do visit my space in your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! These look like a wonderful way to start the day :)) Delicious looking pancakes!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...